- Jim Elser
- Director, Sustainable Phosphorus Alliance
- Jim Elser is a limnologist and National Academy of Sciences member with research focused on the effect of key limiting nutrients such as nitrogen and phosphorus in lake ecosystems. He is a Research Professor and Distinguished Sustainability Scientist in ASU’s School of Life Sciences and School of Sustainability and serves as the Director for the Sustainable Phosphorus Alliance. He is also director of the Flathead Lake Biological Station of the University of Montana.
- Matt Scholz
- Program Manager, Sustainable Phosphorus Alliance
- Matt Scholz is the Program Manager for the Sustainable Phosphorus Alliance. He worked for 3 years as a Senior Research Scientist for The Sustainability Consortium after completing a postdoc in the Department of Chemistry at Colorado School of Mines and a PhD at the University of Arizona, where his research focused on algal biofuels. He has worked in maize molecular genetics and holds an MS in environmental engineering from the University of Arizona.
- Rebecca Muenich
- Research Scientist, Sustainable Phosphorus Alliance
- Rebecca Muenich is an environmental engineer with expertise in environmental modeling, especially in evaluating the impact of land management decisions on nutrient inputs into the environment. She recently completed a postdoctoral position at the University of Michigan where she focused on finding win-win solutions to address excess phosphorus inputs into Lake Erie. She is currently an Assistant Professor in ASU’s School of Sustainable Engineering and the Built Environment and serves as a Research Scientist with the Sustainable Phosphorus Alliance. She holds a BS in biological engineering from the University of Arkansas, and MS and PhD degrees in agricultural and biological engineering from Purdue University.
Board of Directors
- CEO, OCP North America
- Vice President, Ostara
- Chief Executive Officer, Renewable Nutrients
- Deputy Chief Executive Officer, National Association of Clean Water Agencies
- Chief Executive Officer, Biochar Now
- President, GreenTechnologies, LLC