- Jim Elser
- Director, Sustainable Phosphorus Alliance
- Jim Elser is a limnologist with research focused on the effect of key limiting nutrients such as nitrogen and phosphorus in lake ecosystems. He is a Research Professor and Distinguished Sustainability Scientist in ASU’s School of Life Sciences and School of Sustainability and serves as the Director for the Sustainable Phosphorus Alliance. He is also director of the Flathead Lake Biological Station of the University of Montana.
- Matt Scholz
- Program Manager, Sustainable Phosphorus Alliance
- Matt Scholz is the Program Manager for the Sustainable Phosphorus Alliance. He worked for 3 years as a Senior Research Scientist for The Sustainability Consortium after completing a postdoc in the Department of Chemistry at Colorado School of Mines and a PhD at the University of Arizona, where his research focused on algal biofuels. He has worked in maize molecular genetics and holds an MS in environmental engineering from the University of Arizona.
- Rebecca Muenich
- Research Scientist, Sustainable Phosphorus Alliance
- Rebecca Muenich is an environmental engineer with expertise in environmental modeling, especially in evaluating the impact of land management decisions on nutrient inputs into the environment. She recently completed a postdoctoral position at the University of Michigan where she focused on finding win-win solutions to address excess phosphorus inputs into Lake Erie. She is currently an Assistant Professor in ASU’s School of Sustainable Engineering and the Built Environment and serves as a Research Scientist with the Sustainable Phosphorus Alliance. She holds a BS in biological engineering from the University of Arkansas, and MS and PhD degrees in agricultural and biological engineering from Purdue University.
- Karen Culver
- Manager, Membership Marketing and Development, Sustainable Phosphorus Alliance
- Karen Culver has been successfully planning and implementing strategic marketing initiatives for over 20 years. As the Manager, Membership Marketing and Development for the Sustainable Phosphorus Alliance, she uses her depth and breadth of knowledge in marketing and development to attract, engage, grow and retain members. Karen is a proud alumna of ASU, having earned a BA from the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and a Master of International Management from the Thunderbird School of Global Management.
Board of Directors
- Executive Director, OCP Research LLC.
- Vice President, Ostara
- Chief Marketing and Operations Officer, Renewable Nutrients
- Chief Innovation and Development Officer, The Water Research Foundation
- Chief Technical Officer, National Association of Clean Water Agencies (NACWA)
- Director of Business Development, FEECO International
Research Professor, Arizona State University
Regents’ Professor, Arizona State University
David A. Vaccari
Professor, Stevens Institute of Technology
Senior Research Scientist, Soil Fertility and Chemistry, Water Quality, Science and Technology Branch, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, Government of Canada
Soil Scientist, USDA-ARS
Biosolids Program Manager, Water Environment Federation