We’d like to thank our partners for their support
Our work is made possible in part through contributions from key stakeholders. We invite a diversity of organizations from across the phosphorus value chain to participate. Corporations, NGOs, academic institutions, government bodies, and trade organizations who share our goal of more sustainably managed phosphorus are encouraged to contact us to learn how to participate.
Biosolids and Manure Task Force
Participation in a task force is one of the opportunities for our partners to contribute to the Sustainable Phosphorus Alliance. Our current task force is undertaking a comparative analysis of the federal and state regulations governing the application of biosolids and manure in the US.
Member organizations of the Sustainable Phosphorus Alliance and other invitees from industry and government are contributing to the task force by providing oversight and feedback. Thank you to our Oversight Board members representing Kieser & Associates, Lystek International, Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago, Mid-Atlantic Biosolids, National Association of Clean Water Agencies, National Milk Producers Federation, NEFCO, North East Biosolids & Residuals Association, Smithfield Foods, Synagro, US EPA, and Veolia.
Task Force Objectives
- To compile and compare all state and federal regulations related to biosolids and manure land applications
- To identify local variations in regulatory interpretations
- To produce an online tool that facilitates study of the data
Members in the Sustainable Phosphorus Alliance have the opportunity to:
- Network with diverse organizations and people from across the phosphorus value chain.
- Participate in technical webinars on important phosphorus management issues.
- Attend an annual stakeholder meeting centered on phosphorus sustainability.
- Partake in projects that tackle technical, legislative, institutional and societal hurdles to implementing phosphorus management innovations.
- Obtain discounts to select phosphorus-related events.
- Gain recognition among regulators, investors, and the public as a leader in phosphorus sustainability.